Program Outreach Intern
The National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®) seeks a paid, part-time program outreach intern to assist the CashCourse® program for the 2015 fall semester. CashCourse is an online financial education program for college students. Learn more at www.cashcourse.org.
Duties of the program outreach intern will include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating a marketing campaign marketed to CashCourse users, schools, and influencer networks
- Editing and updating program content
- Researching new communication channels for program marketing
- Assisting with the development of conference materials
- Working on marketing plans and campaigns
- Other support as needed
- Working toward a degree in communications, marketing, or nonprofit management
- College junior, senior or graduate student
- Available to work in downtown Denver office 10-15 hours/week
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy when completing work assignments
- Highly organized
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working with websites
- Experience working in customer- or client-facing service roles
- Personal finance knowledge (budgeting, tips for saving money, credit and debt)
- Interest in the nonprofit industry and program development
Duration of Internship/Expected Hours:
This is a paid part-time internship. The intern will work 10-15 hours/week (spread over 3-4 days) during the fall semester. The internship will occur during normal business hours (between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.); telecommuting is not permitted.
Start date: July or August 2015, depending on availability
Finish date: December 2015
Compensation: $12/hour, without benefits
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Amy Marty at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 1, 2015.
NEFE's Fellows Program awards fellowships to current graduate students who have shown interest in working within the nonprofit sector. Learn more about the program, read more.