The National Endowment for Financial Education is a nonprofit in Denver, Colorado looking for a marketing/editorial intern to assist the marketing and communications department. Great candidates will be willing to build new skills, take on challenges and get creative.
- You have experience as a content writer, journalist, or in marketing with strong written skills and a basic understanding of Associated Press style.
- You are a junior, senior, or graduate student in Communications, Marketing, English, or Journalism preferred.
- You have strong time management skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools and social media platforms.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Write content for NEFE programs, including OnYourOwn.org, SmartAboutMoney.org, NEFE Digest (our corporate newsletter), and other programs as needed.
- Track all content generated by programs at NEFE.
- Create daily Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Write monthly roundup to keep NEFE staff informed of all new content postings.
- Enter and maintain contact information and relevant notes on new vendors, including writers, graphic designers, printers, photographers, etc.
- Update existing vendor records with 2014 projects.
- Provide review, fact checking, and editing of new content as assigned.
- Maintain web optimization spreadsheet for new content to be posted online.
- Brainstorm new ideas at the NEFE editorial meetings and update calendar.
- Maintain cataloguing system for purchased graphics, NEFE collateral, and other NEFE assets as needed.
- Provide admin support for department staff.
- Research and read trends in personal finance.
This position is a six-month part-time (18-25 hr/wk) internship with the opportunity to continue year-round if it is a good fit. Start date and schedule are flexible to accommodate a student. Wage: $12 per hour.
APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume and 1-2 writing samples to email@example.com by DEC 1, 2014. No phone calls please. Due to a large number of applicants, we cannot reply to all candidates. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview.
NEFE's Fellows Program awards fellowships to current graduate students who have shown interest in working within the nonprofit sector. Learn more about the program, read more.