Graphic Design/Marketing Intern
Are you a person with an eye for design and the latest trends? Are you constantly thinking up new ways to creatively approach a project? Awesome, we want you. Below are some general guidelines of what we are looking for, however if you feel like you might be the right fit for us, please apply! We are looking for the right person, so we are very open.
- You might have experience as a graphic designer, content writer, social media expert, or general marketing.
- You are a junior, senior, or graduate student studying marketing, graphic design or journalism ideally.
- You have strong time management skills and experience with Microsoft Office tools, Adobe design programs and social media platforms.
- It’s also a plus if you have experience with video creation and editing.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Design engaging graphics for social media channels and websites.
- Assist in video creation and editing process.
- Write content for NEFE programs, including OnYourOwn.org, SmartAboutMoney.org, NEFE Digest (our corporate newsletter), and other programs as needed.
- Assist the social media manager with the creation of daily Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Write monthly roundup to keep NEFE staff informed of all new content postings.
- Provide review, fact checking, and editing of new content as needed.
- Maintain web optimization spreadsheet for new content to be posted online.
- Brainstorm new ideas at the NEFE editorial meetings and update calendar.
- Research and read trends in personal finance.
- Anything else you are excited to learn. We want to help set you up for success.
This position is a six-month part-time (18-25 hr/wk) internship with the opportunity to continue year-round if it is a good fit. Start date and schedule are flexible to accommodate a student.
Wage: $12 per hour.
The National Endowment for Financial Education is a nonprofit in Denver, Colorado focused on helping people across the country make informed financial decisions.
Please send cover letter, resume and 1-2 samples of graphic design work/writing to email@example.com by September 2, 2016. No phone calls please. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview. Thanks!
NEFE's Fellows Program awards fellowships to current graduate students who have shown interest in working within the nonprofit sector. Learn more about the program, read more.