eLearning Technology Manager
Organization Overview: The National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®) is an independent, nonprofit foundation committed to educating Americans on a broad range of financial topics and empowering them to make positive and sound decisions to reach their financial goals. For more than 30 years, NEFE has been providing funding, logistical support, and personal finance expertise to develop a variety of materials and programs, including the award winning High School Financial Planning Program® (HSFPP®), the CashCourse college program, and the consumer-oriented Smart About Money website. NEFE funds research and awards research-based development grants that advance innovative thinking and contribute to our understanding of financial behavior. NEFE also serves segments of the American public in need of specialized financial information through partnerships with numerous organizations.
Overall Responsibility: The eLearning Technology Manager is responsible for coordinating, organizing, problem solving, and advising project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering respected online educational and marketing programs via nine websites, multiple tools and numerous initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Education, the Manager will be responsible for supporting several concurrent projects using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment that will cross multiple organizational departments and programs.
In performing that role, the eLearning Technology Manager will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in website & mobile development and project management to fit small, medium, large, and complex web projects, focusing specifically on the digital initiatives and web-based educational and marketing programs of the organization. The technical support in the Manager’s assigned projects will ensure that all web project development adheres to industry best practices and forward-thinking trends in web-based programming. Additionally, the position is responsible for technical requirements gathering, setting web strategy, implementation of learning management systems, providing technical expertise to program managers, data collection on trends in website design, and support of project application enhancements.
- Manage the integration of web-based program strategies, working with and building support from program directors and managers and other external agencies associated with the maintenance of NEFE’s web-based programs and tools.
- Lead the implementation of a Learning Management System designed to support fully online curricula, working alongside the Director of Education and several other NEFE program directors and managers.
- Utilize technical expertise to assure creative user experience design throughout the application development process.
- Successfully plan, implement and assess web and mobile site strategies and technologies.
- In collaboration with others, define and document policies and procedures for web service offerings.
- Research and assess technology trends; when relevant, integrate new resources into existing web programs.
- Work closely with internal program management teams and external development firms throughout the application development process to assure execution of digital trends in educational programming.
- Support the product owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications and implementing an effective system of project report outs and feedback.
- Coordinate release communication with IT.
- Facilitate project status and working meetings.
The Ideal Candidate Will Bring the Following Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience managing complex websites across all phases (design, testing and production) in partnership with an external provider.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects, balancing the needs of multiple internal and external project teams.
- An educational technology background.
- Proven track record of successful audience engagement through web-based programs and tools.
- Deep understanding of strategizing, planning, implementing and continuously evaluating online user experiences.
- Vision to provide strategic guidance and anticipate needs.
- Experience with mobile web development/adaptation.
- Practice advising web program managers.
- Knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices (experience using Agile framework preferred).
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects.
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
- Experience facilitating Information Technology strategic planning.
- Knowledge of DNN Platform and Evoq Solutions.
- PMP or Agile certification preferred.
- Practice leading multi-function project teams.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and the ability to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- BS/BA in Computer Information Systems or relevant experience with BS/BA
- Five years’ experience with web project management
- Ability to apply knowledge of web and mobile trends to an organization’s web strategy
- Well-rounded experience in digital tactics and implementation
- Competency to communicate across functional areas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Clearly, diplomatically and confidently presents ideas to others
- Proven record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Adaptable to a changing environment
- A self-starter who can extract cooperation of peers, senior-level staff and external development firms
- Proficiency in leading and managing complex projects
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with eLearning Technology Manager in the subject line.
No phone calls. Application materials must be received by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 19th.
NEFE's Fellows Program awards fellowships to current graduate students who have shown interest in working within the nonprofit sector. Learn more about the program, read more.