Current Job Postings
CashCourse Program Associate
Introduction: The National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®) is an independent, nonprofit foundation committed to educating Americans on a broad range of financial topics and empowering them to make positive and sound decisions to reach their financial goals. For more than 30 years, NEFE has been providing funding, logistical support, and personal finance expertise to develop a variety of materials and programs, including the award winning High School Financial Planning Program® (HSFPP®), the CashCourse college program, and the consumer-oriented Smart About Money public awareness campaign. NEFE funds research and awards research-based development grants that advance innovative thinking and contribute to our understanding of financial behavior. NEFE also serves segments of the American public in need of specialized financial information through partnerships with numerous organizations. To learn more, visit www.nefe.org and www.cashcourse.org.
Position Title: Associate, CashCourse Program
Reports To: CashCourse Program Manager
Job Level: Entry
Job Description: We are currently seeking a Program Associate who will work closely with the Program Manager and other NEFE educational program staff, and who will be responsible for supporting the activities of CashCourse®, a national web-based financial education program for college and university students. This position is responsible for the management of multiple projects, including marketing, content development and web-based projects. This position requires direct communication with program users and excellent customer service and technology skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and coordinate projects as directed by Program Manager and Education Director, focusing on program development, marketing, and website maintenance
- Respond to general inquiries and assist program users
- Coordinate monthly e-newsletter production
- Website maintenance, including uploading new content
- Create and generate monthly web analytics, reports and program metrics
- Develop and host monthly informational webinars for program participants
- Research and assist in cultivating new partnerships
- Explore new technology and website interactivity to add to program
- Research and experiment with new ways of promoting program and building engagement on college campuses
- Research and experiment with new ways of assisting program users
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, education, or other social sciences; Master’s degree a plus
- 2 to 3 years of program administration experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task meet deadlines
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing projects from development to completion
- Website management and content management system experience
- Comfortable working with contractors/vendors
- Marketing experience
- Interest in Web technology and an understanding of basic website terminology and functionality
- Work from own initiative as well as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Highly motivated, creative and energetic
- Experience using social media
- Familiarity with AP style of writing a plus
- Willingness and ability for occasional travel
- Interest in education and/or personal finance
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Opening Date: 3/13/2014
Application Deadline: 4/03/2014
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter with "Program Associate" in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 3, 2014. No phone calls, please.
NEFE's Fellows Program awards fellowships to current graduate students who have shown interest in working within the nonprofit sector. Learn more about the program, read more.