GRADUATE RESEARCH FELLOW
The National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®) is seeking a Graduate Research Fellow. NEFE is an independent, nonprofit foundation committed to educating Americans on a broad range of financial topics and empowering them to make positive and sound decisions to reach their financial goals. NEFE’s mission is grounded in the belief that regardless of background or income level, financially informed individuals are better able to take control of their circumstances, improve their quality of life, and ensure a stable future for themselves and their families. To learn more about NEFE, visit www.nefe.org.
Position Overview: The Graduate Research Fellow plays an integral role in carrying out the mission of NEFE through exploration and analysis of financial education and social science research projects. This is an excellent opportunity to build practical research skills.
- Assist with the development of a research protocol for a school-based student assessment financial education project
- Carry out literature research on various financial education and social science topics
- Conduct analysis of survey data
- Assist in research report writing and creation of presentations
- Proficient in use of SPSS or other statistical analysis software
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research protocols
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated interest in social science and/or education research (e.g., teacher professional development, financial education, survey creation, etc.)
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student in an education or social science discipline (doctoral students preferred)
- Experience writing for peer-reviewed publications or research-based graduate level courses
- Able to operate MS Excel, MS Word, Internet, PowerPoint, and E-mai
- Hours are flexible, but Fellow must be accessible through email and phone during business hours. (Applicants do not have to be located in Denver—remote availability is acceptable.)
- Approximately 10 hours per week
- Reports to Billy J. Hensley, Ph.D., Director of Education
- Fellowship is a two academic term assignment (summer & fall 2015).
- Stipend: $6,000
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for two (2) references by 5:00 pm on March 2, 2015 to Billy Hensley (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email applications only.
NEFE's Fellows Program awards fellowships to current graduate students who have shown interest in working within the nonprofit sector. Learn more about the program, read more.